We are proud of our Academy and expect all students to wear our simple uniform with pride. This includes the PE kit and specialist equipment for technology. Please leave jewellery at home. If jewellery is worn, this must be in accordance with the Academy dress code.
Students are not allowed to wear excessive or expensive jewellery at Ormiston Forge Academy. This is not only to prevent the loss of valuable items but also to encourage neatness in dress and appearance. If studs are worn, only one pair can be worn in earlobes. Nose studs or any visible body piercing are not permitted. All jewellery must be removed for PE due to health and safety regulations.
Makeup and nail varnish is not permitted in years 7, 8 and 9. Discrete make-up and nail varnish only, for years 10 and 11.
- Black blazer with Academy logo
- Plain black trousers (no jeans, cords or leggings)
- Skirt (or shameez) – black, plain, must be knee-length
- Plain black jumper (optional), V-necked plain black (no sweatshirts)
- Shirt/Blouse – white (no casual shirts or t-shirts)
- Tie – Academy tie
- Polishable black shoes in a sensible style (no trainers)
- Outdoor coat in a plain, dark colour (not leather/denim)
PE kit compulsory clothing
- Black/burgundy polo shirt with Academy logo - available from A Oakes
- Plain black football style shorts (cycling style shorts are only to be worn underneath football shorts)
- Plain black tracksuit bottoms (no stripes down the sides - a small logo on the front is acceptable. Leggings are allowed to be worn underneath football shorts)
- Plain black football socks (outdoor)
- Plain white sport socks (indoor)
- Appropriate footwear for the activity; suitable trainers for indoors and sturdy trainers or moulded stud boots for the astro turf Often students need to go outside in all weather conditions. They’re required to be fully prepared for these conditions with clothing that ensures they are as comfortable as possible whilst still upholding our PE kit standards.
Optional clothing for winter
- Black long-sleeved sports top with Academy logo - available from A Oakes
- An alternative to the ‘Forge branded’ top is that students may wear a plain black sweat top/thermal or skin-top underneath the Forge polo shirt. No hooded tops should be worn for PE lessons. In cases of extreme cold, hats and gloves may be allowed at the discretion of the class teacher.
Branded uniform is available from A Oakes (unless otherwise stated).