Hingleys is our 5 acre sport facility, located a short walk from the Academy.
Hingleys was named 'Hingleys Sports Pavilion' before it was handed to us. It is also a community resource. Hingleys sport pavilion was set up and built by the company who built the titanic anchor, it was used for their recreational works sports teams.
The firm moved to Netherton around 1852 where large scale chain and anchor manufacturing works were set up on the Dudley No.2 canal. One of the most famous products of the firm was the anchor of the RMS Titanic which on completion in 1911 was drawn through the streets of Netherton on a waggon drawn by 20 shire horses.